Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Water





Here's the latest version of the water bladder. It's an MSR Dromlite bladder with 6 liter capacity. I cut the straps off an old pack I had laying around and glued them directly to the bladder. I'll put about 1,000 miles in with this bladder on between now and the race, but it looks like it's pretty durable.
I'll probably only need 5 liters between Rohn and Nikolai. Maybe Nikolai to McGrath.



I had 3 liter capacity last time and never ran out but we were moving fast. I was dehydrated bad when we got to Rohn but still had about 1 liter of water. That was just stupid.



I won't have a stove, so after Rainy Pass I'll want a lot of water. I know of 2 places after Rohn to get water not counting Nikolai.



The important thing is to keep the water, umm, water. This bladder will be under all my layers except for a light polypro or wool T shirt that I wear under my RBH long sleve shirt. I keep the hose tucked away under my armpit. People have trouble keeping hoses from freezing but I have not had that issue if I keep the hose under the RBH layer.

2 comments: